Have you ever thought about disposing of your old assets on your own? It might seem like an easy thing to do, but it can lead to problems.
This blog post will discuss the risks and reasons you should use an ITAD company for asset disposition instead. We’ll also go over some data destruction tips that will help protect your business from potential lawsuits!
One of the most significant risks of DIY asset disposition is data destruction. If you don’t correctly erase all of the data on your devices, it could fall into the wrong hands and lead to a serious security breach.
An ITAD company will have the tools and expertise to properly erase all your data securely, ensuring that it doesn’t fall into the wrong hands. They’ll also be able to recycle or dispose of your devices in a way that protects your privacy and security.
Risk of Lawsuits
Another reason you should avoid DIY asset disposition is the risk of a lawsuit. If you mishandle or improperly dispose of an asset containing sensitive data, your company could be subject to severe fines and penalties by state and federal laws.
By using an ITAD company for disposal services, you’ll have someone to blame if something goes wrong – it won’t be your fault! It’s always better to be safe than sorry, so choose an ITAD company for your next asset disposition project.
Time and Effort
Disposing of your old assets by yourself can also be a lot of work. You’ll need to gather all the devices, erase the data, and package them up for shipping.
An ITAD company will take care of all of that for you to focus on your business. They’ll also be able to help you recycle or dispose of your devices in a responsible way.
When upgrading equipment, one of the most critical factors is getting money back for your old equipment. Most people don’t understand that there is much more to recouping value than just listing a computer on eBay.
- Testing – Before you can sell a device, it needs to be tested for functionality. If you’re not technologically savvy, it’s easy to misdiagnose a problem and sell an inoperable device.
- Repairing – Even if the computer runs all of the software it’s supposed to, there might be problems with other parts. A buyer will have to pay someone else to fix those issues before using their purchase – which isn’t fair for them or you!
- Shipping and Handling – If a user wants your old equipment shipped, they’ll need to factor in the cost of shipping, as well as insurance and potential damage.
- eBay or seller Fees – eBay takes a cut of every sale, as do most online selling platforms, so you’ll be losing money if you sell your equipment through their site.
- Scrap Value – Old equipment can also be considered scrap and sold for a much lower price than it’s worth. However, going this route can cause you to lose money as some of the components might have value if appropriately dismantled.
An ITAD company will buy your used devices and provide you with a check for the value of those assets. This means that you can use the money to upgrade other equipment, saving time and effort in buying new parts! You’ll also be able to recycle or dispose of your old devices responsibly through an ITAD company’s recycling services.
Avail Recovery Can Help
So, why should you choose to use an ITAD company for asset disposition? The risks of doing it yourself are just too significant.
Make sure you work with a trustworthy partner, so your business can be safe and secure! That is where Avail Recovery comes in. Leave the dirty work to us, and your business will save time and money.
Our certified data destruction will ensure nothing slips through the cracks when equipment is resold. We also offer a hardware trade-in program to keep your business using the newest equipment. We also provide additional services such as recycling, data center decommissioning, and more.
Contact us today to learn more about how we can help and why we are the ITAD company for you!